We are looking for a Business Development Officer.
Location: Cynon (Aberdare)
Hours: 21 per week
Salary: £23,836 (pro rata)
Length of contract: Fixed term 2 years (maybe an option to extend)
Please note that options can be considered for the post including a secondment or on a consultancy basis
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of the New Horizons Business Plan and Fundraising Strategy, undertaking project funding applications and monitoring and risk management systems.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Using the Business Plan and Fundraising Strategy work with the Director to identify the funding needs of the Charity, and prepare funding bids for approval from the full Management Committee;
Work with the Director and Service Managers to identify collaborative relationships with existing and prospective partners and funders to help develop funding bids.
Work with the Director and Service Managers to prepare project plans and budgets for funding bids after undertaking needs assessments for approval by the Management Committee.
Work with the Director, Service Managers and Admin worker to develop monitoring frameworks, impact assessments and financial controls for each new project that funding is being sought for.
With the Director undertake a Risk Assessment for each project and updating Corporate Risk Register (where necessary).
With the Director and Service Managers develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to facilitate monitoring by the Management Committee.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Experience of working in the third sector.
- Proven experience of working to a Business Plan and Fundraising Strategy.
- Proven experience of identifying funding streams and writing funding bids.
- Proven experience of working in a service user/customer service orientated environment
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with partner organisations
- Proven experience of reaching income generation targets.
- Demonstrable administrative experience in a fundraising, preferably in a charity.
- Experience in carrying out research and maintaining accurate complex data.
- High level of proficiency working with standard business software including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal diplomatically with complex issues.
- A high level of personal drive and commitment to excel in a service user/client-driven environment.
- An ability to network and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including-service users, volunteers, staff members, trustees and a range of partner organisations.
- Discretion, tact and confidence in dealing with corporate clients, prospective sponsors and external suppliers.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload independently, develop effective processes and systems, and deal with several projects simultaneously and under pressure.
- A confident, professional and flexible approach to work, with the ability to keep up to date with demanding administration.
- Meticulous attention to detail, in particular with regard to data inputting and processing.
- A resilient and collaborative team player with a positive and enabling attitude.
Closing date – Friday 22nd November 2019 at 5pm.
Please contact us at email@example.com for an application form.